Wednesday, 10 January 2018

Inside Right Panel

For my Inside Right Panel, I decided that I liked how my digipak poster turned out, so i wanted to use that for inspiration; so i wanted to follow the same concept as that but use a different musical prop that has been used in out video. I thought a guitar pick would look good held in a hand, therefore I took a shoot of this and this is the image I chose to use.


Then I used photoshop to cut out the hand from the image as I didn't want the black background and all of the arm in it, I just wanted the hand. So i used the magnetic lasso tool on photoshop to cut the hands out of the image and then I copied and pasted it onto another layer. 



I then used the rubber tool with the hardness on 0% to rub out around the edges so that when i put on a black background it would blend in nicely and wouldn't look like it was photoshopped on the black layer. 


I liked the concept of this idea. However, I felt that it looked a bit dull with just a plain background so i decided to make a scratched effect layer using the paint tool to go underneath the image just to make it look more interesting and not so dull.


Overall I feel that the scratched paint layer makes the image looked finished, and it also inforces that rock genre. Just to make sure that there wasn't anything i could improve, I asked some of my classmates if I could improve on anything and this is what they said ..


  • Rustic Feel makes it effective 
  • Maybe make the hand lighter 
  • Fits Rock genre 
  • More scratched effect?
  • They fact that the instruments and props are being brought into digipak is effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment