Wednesday, 10 January 2018

Inside Left Panel

For my Inside Left Panel, I decided that I liked how my digipak poster turned out, so I wanted to use that for inspiration; so I wanted to follow the same concept as that but  to make it different to my Inside Right Panel, so I didn't use this I just used a hand gesture. So I decided to take pictures of the hand rock symbol. This is the image I decided to use. 



Before I cut the hand out from this background, I increased the the brightness on my image because I think that it's too dark and it won't contrast enough with the black background when I put it on the black background. Then I used photoshop to cut out the hand from the background using the magnetic lasso tool, and then copied it onto another layer. 


I then used the rubber tool with the hardness on 0% to rub out around the edges so that when I put on a black background it would blend in nicely and wouldn't look like it was photoshopped on the black layer. This helps to make the image look more professional and tidy. 




                         

Like the Inside Right Panel I decided that it looks plain and boring, therefore I decided to use the  scratch effect because I feel like it makes the image look finished and more effective. So I added the scratch effect on both the top and bottom to fill the whole page. 
  

Overall I feel that the image now looks more professional and more fitting to our genre. I feel that when placed on the panel template, the left and right panels compliment each other nicely and overall i feel it works really well. Just to make sure that there was nothing i could improve on, i asked my classmates and this is what they said....

  • Remove black scratches from top of hand and put them underneath
  • Lighten image of hand up and its looking a real dark image 
  • Fits with Genre
  • Fits with rest of digipak theme 

No comments:

Post a Comment