Tuesday, 9 January 2018

CD Panel

For my CD I wanted it also geometric like my extra panel, as the rest of my digipak consists of images that I had taken. Also due to the fact that my Extra Panel was geometric too, I wanted to link it in by having 2 panels that were geometric so that it wasn't just one random panel on its own looking like it didn't fit in with the overall theme that i was going for. For the CD I was thinking for a while what i could do that would look as effective as my Extra Panel. I thought that I have an overall theme of just a hand(s) or a hand holding a musical item that links in with my music video so I thought that I would make a geometric hand therefore it would link with both themes that I have going on within my digipak.

So I chose an image of a hand that I had already taken that i thought would fit well on the CD Disc.


I took this image and traced it over the top of a CD outline, using the paint brush tool in photoshop.

                           


                               

Like the extra panel. I liked the outline but i decided to put more lines inside of it to make it more complex and interesting. Overall, I really love this and I feel it fits well with my overall theme. Just to make sure that I'm not missing anything that I could change to make it better, I asked some classmates what they thought I could do to improve... this is what they said....
  • Fits Rock Genre 
  • Monochrome colours which give connotations of rock
  • Its effective not having a image on there and it being geometric





   

No comments:

Post a Comment