Sunday, 14 January 2018

Back Cover

My back cover I struggled with the most. I didn't feel like I could have a hand in the middle of the  page like my other 2 panels and I didn't want to have a geometric design as I felt that when I put the song titles over the top that there would be too much going on and it would be hard to read. However, I wanted to incorporate all of the factors that i had used throughout the digipak to try and tie it all together. So i picked a hand image that i thought would work well and this is what I chose.


Then i cut the hand and the microphone out from the background and rubbed out the edges to make a feathered effect, so that it would blend it better with the black background layer.


Placed it on a black background 


                         

However, I felt that it looked plain with just a black background, so i created my own new layer that was black and white paint splattered around the edges to give it a more rocky, grunge feel.

                          

                         
Then I added the song names/ titles on the back 


                         
Overall, I liked this image, but i didn't love it. I felt that something was missing. So i asked my class mates for feedback and this is what they said
  • Text is hard to read
  • Cant see top of microphone as blends in with background 
  • Text looks boring just positioned down the side.
I took all of this into consideration and decided to remake my back cover as I felt that it doesn't look right, it looks awkward on the page. So  I decided that this time I wanted to include a more rocky theme but also add my geometric idea to tie it all together, i wanted to keep the idea of the paint splattered background, but change the font to a more rocky themed font, that really draws in your attention. This is what I came up with.



Overall, I'm really happy with this design, I think its edgy, unique and fits the rock genre well.  








No comments:

Post a Comment