Tuesday, 9 January 2018

Extra Panel

For my Extra Panel I wanted to keep the theme of monochrome colours running through my album as most rock bands albums consist of monochrome colours. I feel that monochrome colours work well as they contrast each other so it makes components like text really stand out. However, I wanted to create something that didn't use a photographic image, so I decided to create my own on photoshop. Taking my love of geometric shapes, I decided to go along the lines of geometric graphic art,but using monochrome colours to tie in with the rock genre and make it stand out. This is what i came up with.


I was really pleased with the outcome. However, i felt that it was lacking something to make the image more intricate and also to show that the 3 mens heads are all the same but different. So i decided to to this..... 






I totally love how it turned out, I think that it's modern but it still represents that rock genre as its using those monochrome colours. The image consists of 3 heads which are meant to represent the 3 band members, and how they're all the same though their love of music but they're all different because they're different individuals. Just to make sure that there was nothing I could improve, i asked some of my classmates and this is what they said.....

  • Unique as its a geometric style 
  • Like how its connotations of the 3 band members
  • sticking with monochrome colours so fits with rest of digipak
  • Links nicely with CD cover






No comments:

Post a Comment