Tuesday, 9 January 2018

Construction Of Digipak Poster

For my digipak poster I used my inspiration to help me come up with an idea that I could adapt to make it my own.  I decided to do a shoot and this is the image I chose i use.


Then I used photoshop to cut out the hands from the image as I didn't want Tyler in the background, I just wanted the hands. So i used the magnetic lasso tool on photoshop to cut the hands out of the image and then I copied and pasted it onto another layer. 

I then used the rubber tool with the hardness on 0% to rub out around the edges so that when i put on a black background it would blend in nicely and wouldn't look like it was photoshopped on the black layer. 


This is what it looked like after i had cut it out, rubber out the edges and put it on top of a black layer. Then I developed it into my poster so i changed it so that the hands were placed on top of a A4 black sized background.





This is my first attempt of my digipak poster. I asked my class mates for feedback as I felt that it was lacking/missing something. This is what they said:

  • Needs something going on in the background to make it more interesting


This is my second attempt at my digipak. As you can see I have changed the poster slightly by adding something to the background to make it more interesting and not as dull. I felt that adding this to the background added more depth to the image. I again asked for feedback from my class mates and this is what they suggested:


  • Font is reflecting an electronic genre band and not a rock band
  • The name of the band "Velvet Flies" sounds girly and doesn't sound like a name of a rock band 
  • More  font variation for Outbreak and released 
  • More text size variation 
  • Too much text, needs to be short and snappy. 




After previous reflecting on previous feedback and taking it all into consideration, I changed most things that was suggested. I changed the band name to "Switched" as i felt that it fitted the rock genre better. I also changed the font to something more rocky and i changed the colour of it to a muted grey colour which I felt added depth to the poster. I added text size variation and made the text short and snappy, which I feel makes the poster look professional. Overall, I'm happy with this final poster edit. 








No comments:

Post a Comment