
From looking at these images and thinking about what images that I've take would work well I started to create my front cover of my digipak in this style, and this is what I designed:
I felt overall like I really achieved what I wanted to in respects of looking at my inspiration images and how similar mine and the inspiration images that I liked. I then decided that I should add my band name to the image.
I asked for my class mates feedback on my from cover and this is what they said:
- Overall the image doesn't fit the rock genre very well it's portrays more of a electronic, blues vibe genre
- The font doesn't fit the genre well either its too dainty
- Theres no link between your music video and the digipak, as the video is very 80's and your digipak is very modern.
Therefore taking my feedback into consideration, I decided to rethink my whole digipak idea. I thought that portraying the 80's theme more was a good idea; so i decided to do some research into 80's CD cover and the 80's type prints that were popular. This is what I liked... I felt that this also leant to more of the geometric style again.
This is what I came up with.....
Then I added my text...
Overall, I loved this design. I thought i was bright bold and eye-catching, which is what I wanted it to do so it would draw in peoples attention. I felt that I portrayed that my band was an 80's band, due to the geometric style shape cut out an the background. I then decided to ask my classmates for their opinion and feedback.....
- Pink is very girly when its a band of men
- Font is too delicate
- More 80's Pop than 80's Rock - doesn't fit with the genre
After a long think, trying to adapt my digipak cover more, speaking to my class mate and my video partner. I came to the conclusion that this digipak cover didn't fit my rock genre very well at all and it was extremely 80's Pop. Therefore I decided to keep looking for more inspiration, with the main priority that it fit my rock genre well and portrayed a rock band.








No comments:
Post a Comment